- In Their Own Words: British Novelists. BBC interviews with Virginia Woolf, J.R.R. Tolkien, Aldous Huxley, Robert Graves, E.M. Forster, T.H. White, Daphne du Maurier, John le Carre, J.G. Ballard, Salman Rushdie, and many others.
- Talking Hamlet. John Gielgud, Derek Jacobi, Kenneth Branagh, David Warner, David Tennant, and other actors discuss playing Hamlet. (Excuse me while I swoon….)
- Survivors of the Titanic: Survivors from the famous shipwreck tell their stories.
- Apartheid in South Africa: Living under racial segregation and discrimination.
- WWII: Witnessing the Holocaust: Personal accounts of persecution and genocide by the Nazi regime.
- WWII: Outbreak: Britain on the brink of World War II.
- The Berlin Wall: A city divided between East and West by the Cold War.
- “Ms. Gold roams at ease through the most difficult and recondite topics, like an Indiana Jones of the world of letters.” –-Neal Stephenson
I am a freelance researcher, fact-checker, writer, editor, and rare book expert. I have an unusual and eclectic range of knowledge, skills, and experience.
I do creative research for writers of fiction and nonfiction. I teach classes and speak about research and fact-checking.
I offer research, fact-checking, content development, social media, and editorial services. Contact me for details.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Search this blog
- The CRAP test for evaluating sources
- The Great Gatsby was published 88 years ago today but won't enter the public domain until 2021
- How cutting and pasting can lead to plagiarism
- Neil Gaiman, Cory Doctorow, Elizabeth Hand, Samuel R. Delany, Kelly Link, Joe Hill, Karen Joy Fowler...
- Who I Am
- Don't believe everything you read
- Spell-check is evil, but funny: The Cupertino Effect
- Writers and their rooms
- 360,328 views